EPSA: European Platform & Stairlift Association
EPSA is a European association of manufacturers and distributors of both platform lifts and stairlifts. Members include suppliers and installation companies.
European manufacturers recognize the needs of people with impaired mobility. As such, EPSA and its members work to match the requirements of everyday users, and building design with current regulations.
DNV Det Norske Verita
Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is a global provider of services for managing risk. An independent foundation with the objective of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV comprises 300 offices in 100 countries, with more than 10,000 employees.
DNV is the Noted Body that has type-examined Cibes Lift platform, cabin and stairlift products.
China Elevator Association
The China Elevator Association (CEA) was first founded in 1984 as a member of the China Construction Mechanization Association. With the rapid development of China’s elevator industry, the association was approved and registered by the Ministry of Construction and the Ministry of Civil Affairs of People’s Republic of China (PRC) in 1991, symbolizing the formal establishment of CEA. In 2002, of the 400 members of the association, more than a third were complete machine manufacturers, the other one third were parts producers and the rest were in the field of installation and maintenance as well as over 10 members of research institutes, universities and colleges. The Association Journal is called China Elevator.
CEA is a non-profit social organization of the national elevator industry —which was voluntarily formed by various organizations specialized in the manufacture, installation, maintenance, management, design, research and instruction of elevators (including escalators and moving walkways). CEA takes economic construction as its core task and function as the bridge between the government and the elevator business to promote the development of China’s elevator industry.
In order to maximize the role of the association, in 2000, the Ministry of Construction of PRC determined to adjust the focus of industry management to the development and implementation of macro-control policies, relevant laws and regulations together with the development of market system and the supervision of market operation. Thus the task of industry management was assigned to relevant communities and associations. CEA was put in charge of the following work:
(1) In accordance with the national economic, social development and industrial policies, CEA shall conduct research and design industry development blueprint (including development goals, quality and profit goals, technology development, product development direction, development of key and high-techs, plans of major new products, etc.), and shall also give guidance to the economic policies, management practices and legislation of the industry.
(2) Co-operate with relevant departments and participate in the development, revision of various standards in the elevator industry (including technical standards, quality standards, etc.), facilitate the implementation of the industry standard, carry out inspection and promote the work of quality supervision.
(3) Establish industry guidelines and self-regulation mechanisms of the elevator industry. Supervise the implementation of industry guidelines and standardize business activities of enterprises.
(4) Take charge of the implementation of safety measures of elevator manufacturers on elevator manufacturing, installation and maintenance to ensure the safe operation of elevators. CEA shall take measures to prohibit elevator production by companies without licenses, prohibit the sale and purchase of substandard products and products by enterprises without licenses. In the elevator business activities, CEA shall supervise and urge enterprises to comply with the relevant provisions of the state and abide by the principles of openness, fairness, honesty and fair competition, prohibit unfair competition to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of enterprises and customers. CEA shall also carry out elevator quality evaluation and monitoring, and attach itself to the analysis and processing of elevator accidents.
(5) Conduct feasibility studies and assessment for the major projects of the elevator industry involving investment, reform and development.
(6) Carry out the statistic work of the elevator industry including collecting, collating and issuing industry information. Based on the statistical data analysis, CEA shall provide necessary information for the government to formulate industrial policy and service for relevant enterprises.
(7) Organize staff, technology and vocational trainings, and provide consulting service; enhance the technological communication and cooperation of elevator industries both at home and abroad; host exhibitions and fairs. With the focus on the hi-tech development, CEA shall promote the development of technology research and new products, facilitate the use of scientific and technological achievements in the elevator industry, promote its high-tech products and brand names.